Back Road Tour
This day-long safari begins in Mossel Bay and reaches deep into the Outeniqua Mountains, taking you through breathtaking scenery and offering spectacular photo opportunities along the way. Sit back and allow our guides to explain the history of the area and its place in the development of South Africa.
A choices of light lunch venues are available and will be discussed while on tour. It is advisable to bring some water with especially in summer. Some short walking is involved, but only to reach certain vantage points, however reasonable foot wear (trainers) is recommended.
We start at the prearranged meeting point and travel into the Outeniqua Mountains via the little town of Great Brak, where a short history of the town and its development is given.
The tour leaves the tarmac road and travels along gravel roads, towards the settlement of Friemersheim where a short stop to take on drinks at the local spaza shop will be made.
Dependent on the time of year i.e. in the winter months, certain valleys are impassable because of the rains. The tour will take a safe but beautiful route.
We also travel on the coast hugging pioneer roads where the sight of other travellers is rare.
A few unique sights are included and offer great light lunch opportunities.
Booking Conditions of Back Road Safaris (PTY) LTD,
(Hereinafter referred to as BRS)
Please read the following booking conditions carefully, as they set out the terms and conditions of the contract between you and BRS. We supply tours as listed and once a booking has been made the below terms and conditions apply, if the booking is made through an agency the contract will be deemed to be with that agency and not the individual, if the booking is made directly with BRS then the contract will deemed to be between BRS and the person making the booking.
Bookings are considered confirmed on the condition that a non-refundable deposit, of a minimum of 25% of the total package price, is paid to BRS within 14 days of commencement of your tour. You will be advised at the time of booking what payment is required for your particular arrangements. The balance of the cost must be paid no less than four weeks prior to departure. If your booking is made within 4 weeks of departure, the total cost of your travel arrangements must be paid at the time of booking. Please note: Failure to pay on time will mean that your booking cannot be guaranteed, and the booking may be cancelled.
1. The costs associated with travel arrangements are not always stable, and currency movements can fluctuate sharply. It is impossible to predict these movements in advance.
When you book a package/tour with BRS, we guarantee the price only once full payment is received.
Methods of Payment
Electronic Funds Transfers: We accept EFT transfers deposited into our bank account, subject to the EFT transmission report being provided to ourselves and such payment has been confirmed as received by ourselves.
We also accept payment through master card and visa, via our on line portal whl.travel.
BRS is SATSA bonded and has all the necessary vehicle and personal liability insurance, to the required industry standard, personal travel and medical insurance is the responsibility of the individual, and not BRS.
BRS welcome people with a disability. Our vehicles are capable of accommodating people with disabilities; however, please notify us in advance of any disability so that we can ensure that we can make the right provisions for your journey.
All of our vehicles are multipurpose and are used on a variety of road surfaces; therefore unfortunately none of our vehicles are equipped with lifts.
Please, however, do speak to us about your particular requirements and will do everything we can to make your journey as memorable and as comfortable as we can.
Changes by You
1. If you wish to make a change to your booking we will endeavour to assist you to make the change wherever this is possible. You will have to pay for all charges associated with the rescheduling
2. An administration fee of R100 will be charged in addition to the 25% deposit and the total tour price.
3. If a tour is cancelled by you once the tour has started for any reason then no refund will be payable.
Changes by BRS
1. BRS reserve the right to make changes to the published itinerary if required to ensure the safety of the traveller, or because of weather conditions, or other unforeseen events which may in the opinion of BRS or the tour guide or driver, contravene health and safety legislation or place the travellers at undue risk, if the published itinerary were followed.
Cancellation by You
If you wish to cancel your booking you must advise BRS immediately. You will be liable to pay the following cancellation charges:
1. The 25% non-refundable deposit, or if cancelled within four weeks of the confirmed date the complete price of the package.
Cancellation by BRS
1. BRS reserves the right to cancel tours to ensure the safety of the traveller, or because of weather conditions, or other unforeseen events which may in the opinion of BRS, contravene health and safety legislation or place the travellers at undue risk.
2. If this occurs because of weather conditions or other events and no suitable alternative can be provided the price of the package will be refunded minus the 25% non-refundable deposit.
3. If BRS cancel because of non-compliance of travellers to the instructions of the guide/driver or because of medical conditions of individuals not previously stated, no refunds will given.
Our Right To Change Your Travel Arrangements
1. A significant change to your travel arrangements would include a change in the scheduled departure date or a change to a lower standard of accommodation to that which is booked. In these instances of significant changes to your travel arrangements BRS undertakes to advise you thereof as soon as reasonably possible before your tour date to gain your further instructions in this regard.
2. All other changes are minor changes. A minor change can be made at any time and, if practicable, we will advise you of any such change prior to departure but we are not obliged to do so. Such minor changes may be made by BRS, in its discretion, which will not be responsible or liable for the payment of compensation to you as a result of such minor changes.
3. Every effort is made by BRS to adhere to confirmed itineraries; however, we reserve the right to make changes to your travel arrangements when it becomes necessary to do so.
Travel arrangements are made in advance but due to the fact that on some tours BRS is reliant upon suppliers such as, hotels and/or other supply companies, changes to travel arrangements and cancellations thereof may occasionally become necessary.
4. Should any travel component be confirmed by BRS and this component is cancelled by the supplier for whatsoever reason, then in such instances BRS will accept no liability for the cancellation thereof.
1. In the event that you have any reason to complain, or experience any problems with your tour whilst with BRS, please inform us immediately and inform the supplier of the services in question. Any verbal notification must be put in writing and given to the supplier as soon as possible.
2. If you are still dissatisfied, you must notify BRS at the earliest opportunity - until we know about a problem or complaint, we cannot begin to resolve it. Failure to give us the opportunity to resolve any problem at the time it occurs may result in either a reduction, or complete nullification, of any rights which you may have, to claim compensation from us.
3. If you remain dissatisfied, you must write to our Customer Service Manager within 28 days of the end of the trip you have purchased from us, giving your booking reference and full details of your complaint on email@example.com
4. Every effort will be made by BRS to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction it is
specifically recorded that BRS in no way accepts liability for any claim that you may have in respect of your complaint.
Passports, Visas, Vaccinations and Inoculations
1. It is your responsibility to ensure that you and all those travelling with you have a valid passport and any necessary visas, and that you have obtained any necessary inoculations to gain entry to any country you are visiting and to re-enter South Africa. Passport and visa regulations and health requirements can change at any time; therefore, we recommend that you check passport/visa requirements with the Embassy or Consulate and that you consult your GP or the Department of Health regarding health requirements.
2. As a guide line passports should be valid for six months from the date of departure and have at least two clean pages.
1. Special requests: We can pass on any special requests that you may wish to make at the time of booking, but acceptance of such requests is at the discretion of the other supplier and in no circumstances are special requests guaranteed. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier, or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation, is not confirmation that the request will be met.
2. Medical Problems: If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability which may affect your tour, you need to give us full details in writing at the time of booking. If we reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, we reserve the right to decline their reservation or, if full details are not given at the time of booking, cancel when we become aware of these details
4. Refunds and Unused Services: No refunds will be made for any unused services.
5. Charges to your credit card: Any charges made to your credit card whilst away are your responsibility. BRS
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, we regret BRS cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected, or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss, as a result of "force majeure". In these Booking Conditions, "force majeure" means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity or actual threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
Responsibility and Liability
BRS makes every effort to ensure that all the arrangements and services connected with a your itinerary will be carried out as specified in the most efficient and effective way possible.
However, we do not have direct control over the provision of services by suppliers and, whilst they are in all cases selected with the utmost care, we do not accept liability for error and omissions of such suppliers
Jurisdiction of the Magistrate's Court
BRS, shall be entitled, at its option to institute any legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract in any Magistrate's Court having jurisdiction in terms of Section 29 of the Magistrate's Court Act No 32/1944 as amended, notwithstanding that the amount in issue may exceed the limits of such jurisdiction.
This document together with BRS invoice / itinerary constitutes the sole record of the agreement between the parties. No party shall be bound by any representation, warranty, and promise of the like not recorded herein. No addition to the BRS standard booking conditions shall be of any force or effect unless in writing and signed by or on behalf of the parties.
BRS is a child-friendly organisation, and welcomes the opportunity to travel with young people and families. All of our vehicles are capable of taking travel seats for children; however, it is the responsibility of the traveller to provide the travel seats if required. The following conditions apply:
1. A person aged between 0 yrs -12 yrs is regarded as a child and receives a price reduction on all tours operated directly by BRS, reductions on aspects of tours which are subject to the provision of services for other suppliers, in which case BRS will be bound by their child policy.
2. Children must be under the close supervision of a parent or responsible adults at all times BRS will accept no responsibility for the supervision of children.
3. Young adults between 12 yrs and 16 yrs must travel with under the supervision of a responsible adult in the ratio of one adult to every 8 young persons; BRS will accept no responsibility for the supervision of young persons.
Cancellation by You
If you wish to cancel your booking you must advise BRS immediately. You will be liable to pay
the following cancellation charges:
1. The 25% non-refundable deposit, or if cancelled within four weeks of the confirmed date
the complete price of the package.
Cancellation by BRS
1. BRS reserve the right to cancel tours to ensure the safety of the traveller, or because of
weather conditions, or other unforeseen events which may in the opinion of BRS, contravene
health and safety legislation or place the travellers at undue risk.
2. If this occurs because of weather conditions or other events and no suitable alternative can
be provided the price of the package will be refunded minus the 25% non-refundable deposit.
3. If BRS cancel because of non-compliance of travellers to the instructions of the guide/driver
or because of medical conditions of individuals not previously stated, no refunds will given.
Book for more than 20 people, contact us directly
Starts and finishes in Mossel Bay. You can be collected from your accommodation or other pre-arranged meeting points in Mossel Bay, usually the tourist information office.
Bookings, save for late bookings as referred to hereunder, are confirmed on the condition that a non-refundable deposit, of a minimum of 25% of the total package price, is paid to BRS within 14 days of confirmation of your bookings. You will be advised at the time of booking what payment is required for your particular arrangements. The balance of the cost of your travel arrangements must be paid no less than four weeks prior to departure. If your booking is made within 4 weeks of departure, the total cost of your travel arrangements must be paid at the time of booking. Please note: failure to pay on time will mean that your booking cannot be guaranteed, and the booking may be cancelled.